Newsletter recipients’ data
This personal data (name + e-mail address) is kept and maintained by the Membership Secretary in a separate log-in protected G-mail contacts list, accessed via a password-protected, regularly updated, anti-virus protected and regularly backed-up desktop computer. If a Newsletter recipient sends an “unsubscribe” message, his/her contact data and the “unsubscribe” message itself are deleted straightaway.
This personal data is treated as private and is used for no other purpose apart from the “bcc” mailing of Newsletters and other general messages, and is shared with no-one else, except in exceptional individual circumstances and at the Membership Secretary’s discretion – for example, if a former AATG member, now on the Newsletter contacts list, who is known to the Membership Secretary wishes to contact a present or former AATG member, or vice versa, this may be facilitated by the Membership Secretary. The Membership Secretary deals with subject access requests, i.e. requests from Newsletter recipients to see the data the AATG holds about them.
AATG members’ data
This personal data is kept and maintained by the Membership Secretary:
- in a separate log-in protected G-mail contacts list (name + e-mail address), which is used for no other purpose apart from the “bcc” mailing of Newsletters and of messages intended for one or more members;
- in a password-protected data set, containing each member’s contact information and further information voluntarily submitted by each member in order to inform the AATG of his/her skills and interests, e.g. via the AATG’s Membership Data Form. The Membership Secretary shall delete the Membership Data Form and the information it contains after the relevant information has been transferred to the password-protected membership data set. Members’ information is treated as private and is only shared with other AATG members on a need-to-know basis, e.g. if a production team member needs to contact another AATG member or to have a list of AATG members possessing certain skills.
The contacts list is accessed via and the data set is stored on a password-protected, regularly updated, anti-virus protected and regularly backed-up desktop computer.
The Membership Secretary deals with subject access requests, i.e. requests from members to see the data the AATG holds about them. The Membership Secretary deals with subject access requests, i.e. requests from members to see the data the AATG holds about them.
If a member resigns from the AATG, or is deemed to have resigned after not paying the membership fees during a 12-month AATG season, his/her contact data (name + e-mail address) are transferred to the Newsletter contacts list, unless he/she requests otherwise. That member’s contact data and all other information are then permanently deleted from the membership contacts list and data set. The former member may, like any other Newsletter recipient, subsequently “unsubscribe” from the Newsletter at any time, whereupon his/her contact data and the “unsubscribe” message itself are deleted straightaway from the Newsletter contacts list as well.
AATG members who are in possession of the contact data and/or other information of one or more other AATG members, and/or of any other persons with whom they have dealings in an AATG context, are expected to treat that information with the same degree of care and privacy with which they treat the personal data of their friends, relatives and other contacts. In particular, their computers and other devices must be:
- regularly updated with software releases;
- anti-virus protected;
- and regularly backed up.
The same applies to the data of existing and prospective AATG members that is collected electronically or on paper for a particular purpose, e.g. on audition forms. Such data shall be destroyed or deleted by the AATG member collecting that data when that data is no longer needed for that particular purpose, optionally after forwarding that data to the Membership Secretary who will then determine whether the individual in question is already an AATG member, or should be invited to join the AATG, or should be included in the Newsletter contacts list.
In this connection, AATG members collecting such data should acquaint themselves with the AATG’s Data Protection Policy which is posted on the AATG’s website or available on request from the Webmaster or Membership Secretary. This Data Protection Policy is freely available to anyone else.
This Privacy Statement and the AATG’s Data Protection Policy shall be revised:
- annually at the first Committee meeting following the Annual General Meeting;
- and at any other time at the Committee’s discretion.
To ensure that this is done, a constant reminder to this effect is permanently included in the Committee’s list of outstanding actions.